The History of Smoky Quartz…
In China during the 12th century smoky quartz was used to make sunglasses. Sunglass lenses were flat panes of smoky quartz that did not correct vision or protect from harmful UV rays, but did reduce glare. Chinese judges used smoky quartz sunglasses to hide their facial expressions while interrogating witnesses. Smoky quartz was also used in China to make snuff bottles.
Smoky quartz is the national gem of Scotland where it is also called cairngorm because it was found in the Cairngorm Mountains. The national scepter of Scotland contains a large smoky quartz crystal on top. It is commonly used in Scotland for jewelry, kilt pins, and knife handles.
In Central Europe smoky quartz is considered to be stone that imparts a protective influence and crucifixes are often made from it. Soldiers would carry the stone into battle for protection. It was said to warn fighting soldiers of danger by turning darker.
Ancient Romans and Sumerians also used smoky quartz to make seals.
Top Tips for Using Smoky Quartz
1. In feng shui smoky quartz should be placed close to the front door for protection.
2. For grounding combine hematite, black tourmaline & smoky quartz.
3. Hang a smoky quartz amulet in the bedroom to repel evil.
4. Placed on a bedside table, smoky quartz can help cure insomnia.
5. Wear smoky quartz jewelry to regulate blood pressure and balance the metabolism.
6. Combine smoky quartz and moonstone to alleviate PMS and stimulate the reproductive system.
7. Meditate with smoky quartz when you are depressed to alleviate your depression.
8. Bury smoky quartz stones are the boundaries of your yard to block geopathic stress on your property.
9. Combine smoky quartz with garnet or ruby to increase passion and help you accept your body.
10. Keep smoky quartz on your work desk to dispel negativity, relieve stress, and soak up electromagnetic radiation.
11. To alleviate back pain, place a smoky quartz stone on the painful area for 15 minutes.
12. Smoky quartz should be cleansed under running water and recharged by placing on a clear quartz cluster overnight.
Shop all Smoky Quartz Products at earthegy here…